Sunday 20 June 2010

I finally added some more pictures to facebook last week and more are coming soon! This week has been another fabulous week at work, but a bit stressful outside of the office because I had a large paper due on Friday. That is the main reason why I have not blogged. Work is still going great as I said. This week my boss was sick on Thursday so I had the chance to take on so extra responsibilities which was neat. I answered phones, wrote letters directly for my mp, and scheduled more appointments completely on my own! I love it!! It is also neat because we have football games on all day so I am becoming more enthralled with the World Cup and the various teams. I even bought a US jersey. Apparently, according to my office I must come in on Wednesday with an England shirt as well

Other than work, this week was very exciting in terms of touristy things in England. On Thursday night we got tickets to go see MacBeth at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. We had the standing tickets, which was not the greatest part since it is a 3 hour play, but overall it was a neat experience with great actors. On Friday we spent the majority of the day after class at local pubs watching the US and England games. Both were very exciting to watch, but neither ended pleasantly.After the games everyone came home to our flats and hung out listening to music and drinking tea. I have developed quite the infatuation with tea. In my office Alex insists that I drink it with milk and now thanks to him it is my favorite drink here!

Saturday was my favorite full weekend day in the past few weeks. I woke up early to hop a train to Liverpool and explore. It was a neat town and even cooler, it is where my boss has her constituency. I spent the morning there and then came back and decided to go get tea and shop around at Harrods. Harrods is having their yearly sale and all I can say is when I walked in I saw a sign that said GUCCI, BURBERRY,BOTTEGA VENETA, and FERRAGAMO 50% off. I shed tears of excitement. The Harrods experience is like nothing I have ever seen. I wandered around for hours. I have also never been more motivated in my entire life to be successful then at the very moment I stepped into that store. haha. The tea was also quite exquisite. I really want to go to another afternoon tea while I am here, but one that is very authentic. Saturday night we all watched more world cup games at our favorite pub, The Court. After that, we met up with some of our friends and ventured around the city quite a bit. A large group went to see Feddy DJ and a huge techno club called Ministry of Sound. I think every person that went out that night came home as the sun was coming up. I must say that was a first, but I think each one of us had a great night no matter what we did.

You have no idea how much I missed the fish fry today. I was slightly heartbroken as it is one of my favorite holidays.Obviously getting home so late last night, I had a lazy day today. The one thing I did that is exciting is we booked hostels for my trip after the internship ends! I will post the rough itinerary below so you can see where I am going and for how long! Each date with a city beside it is our arrival date in that location. I cannot wait for it!

7/20 Amsterdam
7/21
7/22Berlin
7/23
7/24 Prague
7/25
7/26Vienna
7/27
7/28Munich
7/29Paris
7/30
7/31Brussels
8/1
8/2Amsterdam ferry to London overnight
8/3London then home to the US!

Also, Val and Kourt-- it took all of my restraint not to buy the most adorable outfits for the kids in Zara baby. They have little Euro jeans for infants and boys and the cutest dresses and scarves I have ever seen.

Papa, Daddy,Uncle Lon and Joe Happy Fathers Day!!
Luke-- I hope your first Fathers day was the best ever!!

Love and miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment