Wednesday 14 July 2010

I have once again been slacking off on the blogging because of how busy I've been. This past weekend I went to Dublin,Ireland and explored with Dan, Marty, and Cait. We stayed in a hostel with a great location to many of the tourist things. We flew on Ryanair on Friday afternoon and got into Dublin around 7pm. The first thing we did was attempt to find an Irish bar with music and the guys wanted Irish beer. We then headed out for the night to a place called Temple Bar which is filled with pubs and the main area of nightlife in Dublin. The bars we were at also served Irish coffee with whiskey and cream which were so tasty. It was so cool all around and I had the highlight of my weekend when an Irish band played the Pogues songs that are in two of my favorite shows and movies. It was so great!!! On Saturday we woke up and headed to the Guinness Storehouse to tour it and get the best views in Dublin. It has a 360 degree room at the top of the factory, which is shaped like a pint glass ironic enough. I also had my first fresh Guinness, which I must say tasted quite good! After the tour, we decided to get a tour of the main sights of Dublin with a guide. We went to Christ Church, Trinity College, Temple Bar area, and a few places that U2 and other famous musicians congregated. The cool story that stuck out in my mind was regarding the Clarence Hotel. It was close to the studio where U2 used to record and when they received their first record deal they attempted to go get celebratory pints and the Clarence. The manager turned them away and Bono said that one day he would own that hotel and never turn people away. Now he does own it! I really got a kick out of that. After the tour we decided to roam around and look for some souvenirs. I got a really cute and cheap necklace with an Irish celtic knot on it.

Saturday night we went on a tour pub crawl with the same tour group to get a better feel for some of the pubs that Ireland is so famous for. It was very fun and we met some really great people from all over the world. I even was chatting with a guy from Liverpool who lives in my MP's constituency! I was of course way too excited about that. On Sunday we woke up to fly back to London and I went to bed at about 8pm that night. I was so exhausted from the weekend. Also, I forgot to mention that the entire time I was in Dublin it was raining really hard... I mean the entire time. I have decided that I will need to invest in a comfy pair of cute tennies before I leave for two weeks, because sandals in the rain are not so great for your feet. I am in desperate need of a pedicure now.

This week at work has been great once again. We have had some young 15 year old kids for their work experience program which has been fun. Also, its my last week which is so sad. I absolutely love it here so much. I would stay if I wouldnt get deported. I would love to come back, live, and work in London. The people are great. The fashion in phenomenal, and the accents never get old. Plus I have met some great people through work who I will really miss. Overall, I still love everything here and tomorrow we celebrate my last day with drinks overlooking the Thames and then a night of karaoke. The only decision now is to decided what Malin and I will sing. Last time we sung Milkshake, which I added a dance for. This time it must be better. Tiny Dancer, Billie Jean, or You Shook Me All Night Long.

Cannot wait to see all of you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment